How do we nurture nature?
We’re aware and conscious of our environmental impact, not only as a business but personally as the individuals who run it. Because of this, we approach all aspects of our business holistically to ensure we have as little impact on the planet as possible.
How do we do this?
- All of our Cake Maternity brand products have been designed with waste minimisation in mind, developing patterns and processes that utilise fabrics and limit offcuts—most offcuts we do have are utilised to create our bra inner slings! Several of our bra styles are seamlessly knitted in a tube and are therefore nearly 100% waste-free.
- All of the materials and accessories used on our Cake Maternity brand products are Oeko-Tex 100 Certified, this means that no harmful dyes or chemicals have been used. Making our garments better for mum, bub and the planet.
- With 90 solar panels on the roof, our head office and warehouse runs 100% on Australian sun (which is also used to power our CEO’s electric car!)
- We believe in quality over quantity, so all of our pieces are crafted from high-quality fabrics and accessories. It’s important to us that we create and curate a range of durable and long-wearing items that stand the test of time and don’t just end up in landfill. It’s safe to say that fast-fashion isn’t our thing, we’re slow-fashion and we’re proud of it.
- We’ve eliminated single-use plastics from the business, ensuring that we don’t pass any on to our customers or our retailers. Our products come from the factory and are stored in biodegradable poly-bags and we are working to reduce the need for them entirely.
- We’ve reduced our packaging where possible, from manufacturing to customer. Any packaging that our customers or retailers receive is either reusable or 100% recyclable,
- using soy-based inks, recycled tissue paper and eco gummed stickers wherever possible. For more on our eco packaging, see here.
- We are keen recyclers and use separate recycle bins at our warehouse for Paper/Documents and Cardboard.
- We’re constantly looking for ways in which we can reduce our waste within the warehouse and offices, ensuring we recycle and reuse where possible. Moving forward, we’re striving to add more eco-friendly and recycled fabrics to our range and minimise our packaging even further. For us, this is an ongoing pledge and one we are incredibly passionate about.
We understand that this is an ever-evolving space, with new findings coming to light every day. So, we want you to know that we’re committed to doing our bit for the environment and will continue to keep improving our practices to ensure the wellbeing of Mother Nature.